Sold on behalf of The Muscular Dystrophy Foundation
Join the New Jeans as they go on the road and tour South Africa!
The New Jeans are a fictitous South African band that are made up of a husband & wife plus 3 of their friends. They go on the road on tour with their two children who share in the highlights and excitement of their adventures and accomplishments.
This book has been specifically written to raise funds for The Muscular Dystrophy Foundation (MDF) of South Africa.
The book is aimed at 8 year olds, who will enjoy hearing the stories as well as reading along too. Children from the age of 3 or 4 will enjoy listening to the music and narration of the accompanying CD. Parents too will enjoy the book which features 96 pages of colourful illustrations and many good lessons and family values.
Available in both English and Afrikaans languages. For only R159.99, this is a must have:
- 96 pages Hard Cover, A5 sized reader
- 4,700 words written by Roy Harding (Author of the "& Friends" books)
- 24 Track CD (55 Mins)
- 31 Minutes of Narration (short quick chapters)
- 24 Minutes of catchy original music by the 4 Jacks and a Jill featuring Glenys Lynne
- 86 detailed illustrations by Gavin Thompson (TrekNet & MamaTaxi)
Main Themes covered in the book:
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Friendship, Family & compassion towards strangers
- Passion Leads to Success
- Scenic South Africa and it's diversity of animals.
Mrs Breggie Nel (retired teacher and school principal) says: ” To develop your children’s reading skills and knowledge of their language, it is important to read to them when they are very young. When they start to read you then read with them.”
Mrs Gail Teunissen (retired teacher and school principal) says: ” The ‘and Friends’ books will most certainly help to enhance a child’s life skills.”
They include Tony and Friends, Peter and Friends and Angel and Friends.